If You Like What You See, Tell Others. If You Don’t Like What You See, Tell Me.

a Musical Mix for Your Listening Pleasure

save this URL
http://www.supperbubbles.alturl.com/
Just in case

History is indeed little more than the register of the crimes, follies and misfortunes of mankind.

Queens of Jamaica ~ The Ladies Who Made Reggae

Get Disk
CLICK PICTURE or TITLE
Quality: MP3 / Joint Stereo
Bitrate: VBR kbit/s / 44.1 Khz

• The ladies who made reggae have been unjustly overlooked so "Queens of Jamaica" is a welcome compilation and a joy to listen to.
• 20 tracks by the best female singers recorded between 1967 & 1977 by producers like Bunny Lee and Duke Reid.
• Rocksteady diva Phyllis Dillon ("Don't Touch Me Tomato") appears under three different names, Rita Marley's group the Soulettes sing "My Desire" and 16-year-old Judy Mowatt performs a lively version of "Zipadeedoda”-- a few years later she would join Rita in the I Threes, backing Bob Marley.

01. Rita Marley & The Soulettes - (You’re) My Desire
02. Joya Lanis - Kansas City
03. Phyllis Dillon - Don’t Touch Me Tomato
04. The Webber Sisters - It’s You I Love
05. Dawn Penn - I Let You Go Boy
06. Nora Dean - Barbwire (O Mama)
07. Judy Mowatt and the Gaylettes - Zipa Dee Do Da
08. Dorothy Reid - Work It
09. Ken Parker & Dorothy Russell - Sincerely
10. Girl Satchmo - Take You For a Ride
11. Nora Dean - Angie La La
12. Joya Landis - When The Lights Are Low
13. Hortense Ellis - Unexpected Places
14. Carole Cole & Sister P - Ethiopia
15. Cynthia Richards - Aily I
16. Hortense Ellis - With All My Heart
17. Phyllis Dillon - Something
18. Dorothy Reid - Give It To Me
19. Joya and John - I’ll Be Lonely
20. Derrick Morgan & Hortense Ellis - I’m Gone

Other Posts You Will Like



.

No comments: